Monday, April 28, 2008

Connecting Families with Silverlight

One of the biggest hassles my family has concerns pictures. We take pictures on our digital camera, stick them on our PC, and let them sit there for months on end. Occasionally we may print a few or e-mail them to family. True, we could use a site like Flickr to provide an online listing of your photos that family can share. This still leaves a lot to be desired. When we're with family, we can show them printed pictures. They can handle the pictures, rotate them, look closely at fine details. If wehave the time we might create a photo album to show them, containing page layouts, possibly grouped around a specific theme, with the photos positioned however we like. Why can't we do this on the web? I would like to be able to take pictures on my camera, stick them on my PC, upload them to a web site, and create a virtual photo album just how I want. I also want my family to be able to virtually "handle" these pictures by rotating, zooming, repositioning however they want. Stay tuned as you'll be hearing more about this in the near future...

No comments: