Friday, April 25, 2008

Silverlight Development

I am working on a Silverlight 2.0 project right now and got pointed to Tim Heuer's blog on one of my queries and found out that Tim is now working on the Silverlight team along with Jesse Liberty. Tim is a great guy who lives in the Phoenix area and helped me when I was a consultant with Sogeti, as our local Microsoft developer evangelist. If you're working with Silverlight and have any questions, check out his blog: ~ Method Of Failed ~. Aside from that, I'm pleasantly surprised at how easy it is to learn XAML and the Silverlight model. I previously had no WPF experience (my .NET 3.0 experience was limited to WCF), so I had no prior knowledge of XAML, but was able to pick it up pretty quickly. Granted, I made (and keep making) plenty of newbie mistakes, but overall the learning curve has been pretty gentle. Of course, coming from the perspective of working with Microsoft CAB and the Smart Client Software Factory, just about anything else will have a gently learning curve... but that's a topic for another post altogether. By the way, if you're working with that stuff, Ward Bell rocks.

No comments: